Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Before moving to Stoneyfield Estates, a 55 Plus Community in Chester County PA, you will have many questions. We have compiled a list of our most Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's) to help you become more familiar with what it's like to be a part of our Community.
Stoneyfield Estates is located just off the Rt. 1 bypass in Nottingham, with easy access to I-95 and I-476. A map and detailed directions from all points and major cities can be found on our Contact page.
- Who is eligible for residency at Stoneyfield Estates?
- As a retirement community, Stoneyfield Estates requires that one (1) resident in every home be at least fifty five (55) years old and the second resident be at least forty (40) years old. All residents must own their own home (no subleasing allowed) and there is a maximum of two residents per home.
- Can I have overnight visitors?
- A maximum of four (4) visitors may stay up to one (1) week with the approval of management. Residents may have visitors, of course, which include children. Children are very welcome as guests so long as they are properly supervised within the Community.
- What is included in the monthly community fees?
- The monthly community fees include the use of your improved leased home site, sewer service, weekly trash & recycling service, snow removal for private streets, real estate taxes (on land only), and maintenance of common areas. Water is supplied from our water treatment facility, metered and billed to each homeowner on an individual basis.
- What is a Land-Leased Community?
- A land-leased community is an affordable improved community with all utilities installed, offering consumers an opportunity to own a ranch style home without making the investment in the real estate and all of the costs that go along with it.
- Why should I lease a lot?
- Because of the extremely high land values in Chester County PA, an improved (water, sewer, excavation, filtration, driveway, etc.) homesite can run between $120,000 and $150,000 in this area. Since you will not be investing in the land, and your real estate taxes will be significantly less, this justifies your lease.
- What is the source of the water and sewer?
- The water is supplied from two (2) on-site wells on the property and treated in a water treatment facility. The sewer from your home is distributed to our wastewater treatment facility, and processed and treated before it is discharged into the stream. Both facilities are governed by the U.S. Department of Environmental & Protection Agency (DEP) and are monitored on a daily basis by our licensed operator, Walton Water Services.
- Is there On-Site Management?
- Yes, Karen Moore is our On-Site Manager. She will govern the rules and keep our community safe. Rob and Diane (the owners) are frequently around the community and are always a phone call away.
- Does Stoneyfield Estates allow pets?
- Residents are allowed two (2) pets per household (dogs or cats). Dogs cannot weigh over thirty (30) pounds each. It is important that pet behavior codes and other rules and regulations are carefully enforced for the benefit of all residents. This pet policy is strictly enforced.
- How are the homes priced?
- Our model homes are priced based upon the individual floor plan design, level of amenities, setup, foundation, utility hookups, air conditioning, finishing, garage if applicable, and a storage shed for each home. The homes can be purchased as a base home or with any of the shown options or any additional available options.
- Are there Financing options?
- Yes, there are several finance companies that specialize in chattel loans (loans for homes being financed in land-leased communities). We can refer one to you, or you can use your own local banking facility, or just pay cash.
- What closing costs are involved?
- If paying cash, closing costs include title and notary services and are paid at the time of settlement.
If obtaining financing, you may have some closing costs incurred by the financing company.
- Will I pay taxes on my home?
- Yes, your home will be assessed based upon square footage and any additions. You will pay county, township, and school tax on your home only. Real estate taxes are significantly lower on a manufactured home in a land-leased community versus owning a single family home on a real estate lot.
- What happens if I have a house to sell?
- We can help! Check out our Real Estate page on this website.
- Who is the electric company, telephone, internet, and cable company?
- Electric: PECO (you can choose to switch to another supplier with their Smart Energy Choice program)
Local Telephone/ Cable/ Internet: Armstrong Cable Company
Outside TV dishes are not allowed in the Community.
- How close is a Hospital from Stoneyfield Estates?
- Jennersville Regional in West Grove PA: 13 min, 11 miles.
Union Primary Care in North East MD: 19 min, 11 miles.
- How close is a drug store and a grocery store from Stoneyfield Estates?
- Drug store: CVS in Nottingham, PA: 3 min, 1.9 miles
Grocery store: Walmart in Oxford MD, 10 min, 6 miles
Grocery store: Martin's in Rising Sun MD., 7 min, 3.8 miles
- How soon can I move in once my home is ordered?
- Homes ordered specifically for a customer require a minimum of 8 weeks so that the home can be manufactured, and the lot and cement slab can be prepped during this period. After the home is delivered to the site, an additional 2 to 3 months is required, depending on whether an attached garage will be included.
Disclaimer: The information on this website, though believed to be accurate, is not guaranteed and is subject to change without notice anytime. Some data may be incomplete and contain errors or be outdated. Stoneyfield Estates gives no implied warranties, and the material contained in the Stoneyfield Estates website and the third party websites are provided "as is" and without warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied.